Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 01:00:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

How i spent my lunch time

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How i spent my lunch time  (Read 331 times)
Conor McDonald

I will live my dream

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2010, 10:00:31 pm »

Computer is about to blow up, iv spent over 2 hours trying to get these 3 images up. A good few more sore bear with me   Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Canon 500D
18 - 55mm lens
35- 80mm lens
70-300mm lens

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcdonald_conor/

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 10:33:39 pm »

Your lunch time looks a lot better than mine!  Fine pictures buddy, hope the pc behaves! Wink
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 06:12:36 am »

Those are three fine photos Conor. That first one is one big chunk of rock, great composition and foreground. The second photo, I don't think that's a lighthouse, what is it?
Report Spam   Logged
DaveH64

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 07:47:25 am »

Heavy looking seas in the kite surfing one, Do like the sea spray and compo of the middle pic Conor. Pleasant way to spend lunch break.
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 09:13:00 am »

Agree lol..what a great venue for lunch- I wouldn't want to back to work. I love sea photos. I went to a headland in Cornwall last year-Bude,that was it and there was the same lighthouse type structurer there. It's stone built and has slot opening round it. Almost like an observation tower. I've just googled it and found it. It's  identical,it's a Cost Guard shelter.  Thee's a few photos of it here. http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&biw=1336&bih=997&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&gs_rfai=&q=compass%20point%20cornwall

This one gives an explanation too. http://www.cornwallinfocus.co.uk/walking/bude.php
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 04:15:47 pm »

A great way to spend lunch Conor!, hope you had time to eat, I could imagine a sandwich in mouth while shooting through the camera at the same time lol. Seriously though, classy shots, like the b&w image of Mussenden Temple with the raging sea spray, looks very stormy there, I would imagine it must have been bitterly cold!

My favourite is the wind surfer! - a good shot for BBC Newsline  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Conor McDonald

I will live my dream

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 06:49:17 pm »

Thanks very much for your comments guys, it was a great way to spend lunch shooting! Its a great spot down there and very peaceful, oh yea apart from the 30mph winds and sub zero wind chill! Worst thing was I nearly got bogged in the company van and me on lunch break though the good old mats helped me out  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Canon 500D
18 - 55mm lens
35- 80mm lens
70-300mm lens

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcdonald_conor/
rjgjr
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 02:57:55 am »

John, thanks for the links to the Coast Guard Shelter, looks like some great views from up there.

Conor, that stone mountain would look nice wide angle with some big cloud structure towering over it! That second photo of the mountain looks like the trees were cut at one time and reforested, they're all planted in nice straight rows.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum