Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 16, 2024, 07:01:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Apaches Close Up

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apaches Close Up  (Read 295 times)
rjgjr
« on: October 17, 2010, 11:31:08 pm »

Those are such awesome photos John, amazing that you can get that close. As you said, here in the States there is no way a civilian can see anything that close anymore. I love the first one, I hope you don't mind I emailed it to my oldest son. He was in the Marine Corps, fought in both Iraq and Afghanistan. He said if the bad guys had a view of an Apache like that, they were looking for a hole to crawl into , a deep one. They always loved to hear that distinct sound in the air, because they new all the bad guys were on the run. I use to take both my boys to all the Air Shows in Southern California when they were young to see the Blue Angles and the Thunderbirds, even got Tom Cruise's autograph at Miramar in San Diego right after he filmed "Top Gun". Anyway, thanks for the memories, my son's going to check out the rest of the photos.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum