Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 09:52:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Fallstreak Hole?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallstreak Hole?  (Read 497 times)
Frankie_82

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2010, 10:42:59 pm »

Hello again,
Just thought I'd pop back and post another few images I obtained of more fallstreak holes.

This one shows one in the distance on the right, with a sundog on the left. I think I can make out the other sundog inside the actual hole (Although with the reduced resolution, I'm not sure its so easy). This could have been a really nice photo if I had had a zoom lens and or better imagination.

The same fallstreak hole, at 55mm, a little later on.

Another one began to form to the right of the first one, in or around the same place where the first one formed. At one stage I could see 5 of these in different parts of the sky. Unfortunately, they were all quite a few miles away, so no spectacular photos. We've been having these alto-cumulus clouds hanging around this neck of the woods for quite a few days now. Hopefully they hang around for the weekend!

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum