Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 06:35:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

2007-2010 N. Ireland Storm/Weather Slideshow

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007-2010 N. Ireland Storm/Weather Slideshow  (Read 517 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: September 20, 2010, 04:20:39 pm »

Thought I would share this youtube slideshow I made last night featuring a wide selection of images I have taken between 2007 and 2010 of storms, clouds ,and day/night optics from N. Ireland. There are also a few auroras, NLCs, Moonbows, and Moondogs on there too. Video is nearly 9 min's long.  I have another +300 images I could have used but I was running out of space on youtube. Hope you enjoy it anyway  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 12:07:26 am »

Ive watched it three times now Martin, a wonderful compilation of images from the last few years. Theres such a variety of local weather and atmospherics showcased here and it sums up your dedication over the years. Well done.    I say create a part 2 with the other images.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 12:13:12 am »

Thanks very much Paul, I'm delighted you give it the thumbs up, it looks like we do indeed get some great weather here when it's put in the bigger picture like that, makes me want to try harder over the next three years for even better results. I might try another vid at some stage with more optics and night shots, was also thinking of an actual video version featuring chase clips edited together with changes between scenes like a trailer for a movie with a soundtrack, that would be very cool to do however it would be very time consuming indeed, might give that a try at some stage.

Wont be long before your'e making your own vids Paul, you have taken a collection of beauties this year already Smiley - keep them coming!
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 12:39:31 am »

Thats sounds like a cool idea, would love to see that.

Thanks a lot but i think ive a way to go yet to get your standard.        Hopefully Mother Nature throws us up something interesting in the months and years ahead and all we can do is put ourselves in a position to document it and get some cool images.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 12:45:26 am »

I'm looking forward to those future years Paul, I'm absolutely convinced that with the amount of people into this subject here, and the greater number of chasers and photographers getting involved, then we should expect to see the very finest and most spectacular severe weather subjects ever caught on camera in this country to date in the near future. Give it 3-5 years and we all will have a stunning collection of images to look back on. Something big and extreme is going to happen at some point and we will be there to catch it on camera  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Big Dipper
Events

Oxford, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 07:17:15 am »

Not really much that I can add to what Paul has already said. I thoroughly enjoyed every second of that video Martin and have added it to my favourites. What was the track being played in the background? I think that it was the perfect choice to accompany some of those superb landscapes/cloudscapes.

Top marks all round IMO!
Report Spam   Logged

Remember:- If all else fails, read the Instruction Manual! Grin

Andy
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 11:09:59 pm »

Thanks very much Andy, I'm happy you liked it, hope to make another in about 2-3 years time  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 10:11:27 pm »

Thats a brilliant vid Martin, thanks for posting.  There certainly is a mighty fine collection of images.  Like you say over the comin g years with a greater awareness of all this the standard and volume of such pictures can only increased! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Big Dipper
Events

Oxford, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 12:35:11 am »

BTW what was the music accompanying the slideshow Martin?
Report Spam   Logged

Remember:- If all else fails, read the Instruction Manual! Grin

Andy
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 03:35:34 am »

Thanks very much Mark, I would love to see a slide show put together by others on here showing a sample of their work over the years, either weather or astro or both - now that would be cool to see. I know John C is working on one.

Andy, the soundtrack is called 'extended sympthony' by Musicshake or Music Shaker. I got it of youtube's audio swap section, you upload the video then go in there and you can choose from a large selection of music genres which match the length of your clip then youtube uploads it to your vid, it's royalty free as well so no copyright issues.
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 04:03:42 pm »

Lol..Yes, Martin,I am working on one  goodness knows how long it will be.

Really enjoyed thos show and plenty of  variety  too , it's a great way to present a lot of photos. I love these vide/music compilations. I'm selecting the photos I want and placing them in a folder and deciding on what  images to put in it and then there's   music to think about.
Report Spam   Logged
Danny Power

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 11:18:00 pm »

Excellent Martin. One thing I dont like is how you only mentioned 'over the next 3 years' I hope your doing this for many more years than that lol.

Report Spam   Logged

My Web Hosting site- www.powerwebhostinguk.com

My blog- www.natureunleashed.wordpress.com (this will become a proper site shortly)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 04:01:44 pm »

John, I can't wait to see yours when you get it completed  Smiley

Danny, I will narrow that down to 1-2 years if late 2010 and 2011 are active periods, I still have some golden oldies in my files which have never seen the light of day, I will look into it at some point. Cheers Man.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum