Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 08:14:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

How I spent two days

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How I spent two days  (Read 437 times)
rjgjr
« on: August 30, 2010, 11:28:04 pm »

Such a beautiful set of photos John, definitely a prime photo op area, as is everything I have seen from England, Ireland and Scotland. It's hard to imagine that a lot of those structures were considered old when the States were first being settled! I love what you did with the waterfall and the small gauge railroad is beautiful, even if the route it traveled isn't much to look at.
Of note, and probably nobody cares but me, I'm really into genealogy and looked up your Gloucester. My Mothers side of the family is from the area around North Petherton, Bridgwater, Somerset southwest of you, forgive me if I don't quite have that correct. They go back to about 1500 or so. My Fathers side is from Dalry, Ayrshire, Scotland far north of you, I have them back to 1700 there. back to the topic, great photos!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum