Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 20, 2024, 01:28:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

My photo diary of today

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My photo diary of today  (Read 736 times)
Paul
Global Moderator

Larne, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2008, 09:05:51 pm »

Indeed so Brian - my point being more that there is more than just Canon - others have caught up after Canon's ground-breaking 300D of five years ago. I'm biased of course as a long-term Minolta man - Minolta gave up and sold the lot to Sony so although Sony are the "new guys on the block" in theory, in practice there's 23 years worth of lenses that will fit the mount and all the expertise that comes with that.

The direction of camera design is likely to change rather a lot in the next few years - having replicated the film SLR perfectly we will see the electronic side of things being exploited much more - I already own a bridge camera which will do real (not HSS) flash sync at 1/4000th which is an interesting effect in daylight - rear curtain as well if you like, and there's no reason why DSLRs shouldn't do that, but they don't.

Time for another thread maybe?

P.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum