Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 03:39:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Summer Triangle Widefield

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Triangle Widefield  (Read 489 times)
Paul
Global Moderator

Larne, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: August 31, 2008, 10:43:44 pm »

Still some thin high cloud around as evidenced by the orange glow, but here's a wide shot of the Triangle - the Coathanger is particularly prominent.

Sony A700 16-105mm at 16mm f3.5 - 8 x 30secs ISO 3200 RAW mode stacked in Deep Sky Stacker, processed in PSE5.

Paul.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

John9929
Global Moderator

Maghaberry, N.Ireland.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 03:46:37 am »

Not just as wide as yours Paul, but here's my shot, or one of them of the top half of the triangle.
It's taken at 18mm f4.0 ISO1600 308" driven with my old clock drive.
Report Spam   Logged

John9929.
Paul
Global Moderator

Larne, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 08:35:48 am »

Nice work John, a bit more contrasty than mine. Wasn't it good just to see the stars again?!

Paul.
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 09:41:16 am »

Guys, those images are fantastic!!!. Great to see such great images of the night sky again.

I had a good session last night. Observed from dusk to 23.30 BST. Searched for comets in western sky deep in twilight through Virgo and southern Bootes although the trans was only 6/10 in this region of sky due to high level cloud and atmospheric murk. Ended the search due poor conds and lights from neighbours. Had a look at M13, M2, M15, M71, M27, M56, M31, M31, M110, Jupiter, Double Cluster and did a search for C/2007 W1 Boattini but the sky was too poor and the comet itself was too close to Alpha Arietis. I will try again on a better night. The sky was so beautiful at the zenith that I decided to walk 1/2 mile into the country and set my camera up in a potatoe field and began taking exposures of the Milky Way. These are 30 sec exps at ISO1600. Noisy images but I still picked up the Milky Way and all it's details. The Milky Way was so incredible that I just lay down in the field and observed it stretching from the S horizon near Jupiter to the NE horizon where Auriga was located. Seen several nice Iridium flares. Had a good session. Should be more clear spells tonight.

28mm lens

Report Spam   Logged

Steveo74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 11:10:56 am »

Fantastic captures guys!!! I tried for the 1st time last night to capture the Milky Way, no way near as good as yours but here they are...  Huh

Satellite or Flare?

All taken @ 60secs, 14mm & iso1600  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Thanks,
         Steven..

Visit my Blog http://steviesskyshack.blogspot.com

Visit my Flickr  http://www.flickriver.com/photos/16671294@N07/
Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 10:12:29 am »

Great shots everybody. I especially liked Paul's Milky Way and Steven's 1min exposure satellite.
 Smiley
 The dark nights season has started. Be prepared for long nights. P.S. Long and clear nights  Wink
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 10:14:17 am by Roman White » Report Spam   Logged

SkyWatcher 130/900mm EQ3, Bresser 76/700mm, 20x90 bino. and other, Olympus SP-550UZ
Eclipse & comet chaser, occultation & meteor observer
Poltava Astronomy Portal

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum