Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 11:42:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Convective Outlook UK & Ireland - Sun June 6th

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Convective Outlook UK & Ireland - Sun June 6th  (Read 290 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: June 06, 2010, 12:00:34 am »

http://ukasf.co.uk/

Storm Forecast Issued: 2010-06-05 23:42:00
Valid: 2010-06-06 00:00:00 - 2010-06-06 23:59:00

Regions Affected
NE England, Yorkshire, E Midlands, E Anglia and SE England (all of the UK, excluding far north of Scotland, is included in the WATCH)

Synopsis

Low pressure "Cordula" dominates the weather across the country on Sunday as destabilisation of the warm and humid plume continues over the Low Countries.

Overnight thunderstorms are expected to continue across the East Midlands and far Southeast of England during the early hours, slowly clearing into the North Sea.

During Sunday daytime further showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop across inland locations given enough insolation - this may be a limiting factor from residual cloud from overnight storms.

Such storms are not expected to be severe, though there is a risk of a weak tornado across eastern England. Showers and thunderstorms should slowly decay during the evening hours.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 02:14:16 pm »

Rainfall radar is looking promising for me! Very bright echoes coming my way!  Grin

I'm getting a bit of sadistic amusement here - my neighbour with the 'large mouth', lets describe him as, saw me packing up all my solar gear before and carting it back in and made a comment how "I must be ****ing mad packing up, today was going to be a lovely day - he could feel it in his bones...".  Well, i'd already seen the cloud tops heading in, and watching the echoes get brighter on the radar hence my retreat...  Now the large sweaty mammal is outside firing up his bbq, big plate of meat and bread buns at his side...  I'm just going to nip to the local shop to get me a few cans of beers then i'm going to sit back and watch the heavy rain come in and put his bbq out  Wink Hopefully there may be a bit of lightning too...

All good fun on a sunday afternoon!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 02:31:05 pm »

lol what an entertaining read Mark   Smiley - maybe a c-g bolt of lightning will speed up the BBQ cooking. He should have listened to you! - good luck
Report Spam   Logged

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 03:03:39 pm »

Thanks Martin! Its gone really black here now and those big, widely spaced spots of rain are slowly starting to fall.  Lardy up the road is holding a bin bag over his bbq to try and save it - not the best seasoning for his sausages me thinks, melted plastic.  He has made one correct statement tho - I heard him say it will pass over, which, is technically correct - not before dumping alot of rain tho...

*stop press* - just started bucketing down - lardy is swearing and running around with soggy bread buns!

Goddam, sunday afternoons can be fun!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 03:45:50 pm »

You have really brightened up my day Mark - I'm giggling away at your neigbour's BBQ-weather antics lol
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 04:26:05 pm »

Hehe Mark i can just picture the scene   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Big Dipper
Events

Oxford, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 03:39:11 am »

LOL - wish I'd been there to see that Mark.  Grin

Next time his bones send out the wrong vibes you should try secretly filming it & sticking it on YouTube for us all to watch!
Report Spam   Logged

Remember:- If all else fails, read the Instruction Manual! Grin

Andy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum