Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 20, 2024, 10:23:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

John's US storm photos

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: John's US storm photos  (Read 3817 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2010, 02:51:06 pm »

Thanks for  great comments. I'll look at the apertures Martin. and let you know.

I see that one of the CG's ,the last before the beige/orange sky was from the moving van,once again  it flickered long enough for me to press the shutter but I hadn't noticed the left side of the window till now, so I'll crop that out.

Yes, that was sunset, Martin, a really weird colour as you see and changing too quite quickly,that last CG was very close I can remember it, I didn't think I'd caught it, I thought it would have blown out - just got  lucky.

If you want any info. Mark just get in touch.The only problem is that had you seen my 2008 photos then gone in 2009 you'd have most likely been very disappointed as it was a poor season, I go expecting little and anything beyond that is a bonus and that applies to tornadoes too, I don't expect to see one,I mean a rope or wedge, the classic shapes but if I do- a bonus,it's the storm structures and Cg's I go for.

So, here we go with the 15th. We were either in or very close to the Big Bends national Park,this is the Chihuahuan desert and 70 miles from the Mexican border where we were stopped on the way back.I probably shouldn't have taken a photo Lol.

I do like my middle of the road /railtrack photos Lol.

http://tinypic.com/m/adyr7n/3

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 02:55:14 pm by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum