Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 12:16:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

John's US storm photos

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: John's US storm photos  (Read 3813 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2010, 11:06:24 pm »

Ok-they're not showing the location.I'll say where they were taken. The third from last (above) was taken from the van again,hence the blurred out of focus trees and a wee reflection off the glass,it just wasn't practical to stop at everything I thought deserved a shot so I took one and hoped for the best-most of them have had to be binned. The last 3 were taken near Carter OK. We spent most time in OK and TX and slipped into New Mexico later on in the Tour.

This first one 'anvil at sunset' is the only one I have from the 13th. Not a good day for us atall. It was taken near Garden City OK.

Well, you don't need me to tell you what the first two photos are and they were taken from the van of course ,as we drove towards Clinton OK

The following photos up to and including TIV2 were taken near Goldsmith TX

This railway track photo has a story. Just after I took the photo I moved to a position behind me to take a photo in another direction when there was a bolt of CG-I mean it was right there near  us and to the right of where I had just been on the track,it was so vivd and it was followed,not by a rumble of thunder but a very loud whiplash crack and I remember thinking that it was superb,wonderful and I then started to frame my next shot but was never allowed to take it lol. We got the order to get back in the van sharpish,that bolt was, according to Brian, about 200 yards from us and far to close for comfort so we drove a mile down the road opposite and you can see the white inflow cloud.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum