Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 12:23:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

John's US storm photos

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: John's US storm photos  (Read 3805 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2010, 10:31:31 pm »

Glad you enjoyed day one's photos I'm done with the editing. I't so boring ,I find,  to post a link - not that I have one yet Lol. I do have MobileMe with iPhotos so they'll go in there soon but let's enjoy therm here without going down that route and having to click on them to enlarge them Hope that;s, ok and I'll just post them throughtthe week

So-here we go with May 11 and the photos of the tornado damage,which occurred the dat before -we were near Midwest City OK, were taken through the window (smoked glass too ..ugh) as we drove at 50mph. along  I 40. The shutter speed was 1/4000sec. on the first one, ISO 500 if I recall correctly and the reason I mention it  is I'm astounded at how well it's turned out. Let's hop Tinypic does the biz.   Written under each photo is where it was taken but the problem,as Tyler and Richard will tell you is that most of the photos were taken away from towns so when you read the name it means we were 'near' that town not at it,the only exception was Guthrie and Dumas in TX when we were in the town with the storm there too.          

The following were taken on the 12th. starting near  Cheyenne OK.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum