Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 03:46:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Warning: Bright Sun Image

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: Bright Sun Image  (Read 194 times)
rjgjr
« on: May 29, 2010, 05:52:17 am »

Last night we had an unusually clear ocean horizon so I went out and knocked out about 2 dozen sunset images. I took one last image just as the last remnant of the sun dropped below the horizon. I had my 55-250 zoomed all the way out, and as I was going to zoom back in I looked through the viewfinder one last time and saw the evasive and mysterious "Green Flash". I was so stunned that I didn't have time to trip the remote again to record another image before the flash disappeared. Lasted about 1 second, but I did see my first green flash, simply beautiful. So to make a long story even longer, tonight things looked pretty good for maybe another one, yeah right! Anyway, there were too many clouds and the atmosphere too jumbled. So I'll just keep watching for another one now that I know what to expect. Here is one image so I don't waste this thread completly.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 06:33:36 pm »

A beautiful image with the wow factor! - congrats on seeing the elusive green flash, best of luck again this evening. I bet all those images you took are fantastic  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 11:25:38 pm »

Wonderful image, Richard and you saw the elusive green flash too.
Report Spam   Logged
paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 10:00:25 pm »

Another excellent image Richard, the clouds across the disk really add to the scene-nice Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum