Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 10:03:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

2010 chase season

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 chase season  (Read 637 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2010, 11:24:23 pm »

Great stuff,Tyler. We were at Dover on Wednesday 19 at 5.15pm. The green hail cores fascinated me,we saw them quite often. Too many HP storms really and we saw a few funnels doing their best. When you see my later photos you can see how close some of the storms came to forming a tornado. On Tuesday 18th. we got stuck in traffic in Dumas TX at 6.15pm and the sirens were sounding,the buildings obscured the view of a tornado forming, we only got glimpses, I'm not sure if it actually formed or not. Is there a way to find out with records ?

Ok.. I googled it. Here it is  http://prairiestormtranquillity.blogspot.com/2010/05/may-182010-dumas-texas-supercell-and.html

I have similar photos of that lowering as we drove along. I think we didn't stop because  it was dangerous, they just wanted to put some distance between us and the forming tornado-they have 10 people s' safety to think about. had I been on my own I'd have stopped.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum