Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 17, 2024, 12:05:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Noctilucent Cloud Season 2010

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Noctilucent Cloud Season 2010  (Read 7469 times)
John9929
Global Moderator

Maghaberry, N.Ireland.

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2010, 09:31:22 pm »

Thanks all for the comments much appreciated.

JohnC, it was a strange feeling but I knew somehow that I was not alone but couldn't see anybody. I mentioned it to my family who have warned me not to use that spot again! This morning I was in the middle of a 12 acre field just to be sure Grin

Richard, I checked the times on the images for this morning and they were taken between 0313 and 0358BST and sunrise was listed as 0458BST so it was bright. Maybe some of that redness on the clouds came from Belfast which would be in that direction.

Martin, pity about the cloud, it was a nice display but the ordinary cloud spoiled it a bit. There is talk in another place about this narrow band and the complex structure of Lacunosus holes above, pity I couldn't see what was below it. The band itself was very intense. Display brightness probably about 4 but hard to say with the sky so bright. It was also very high probably 30+ degrees when I left and at one stage reached all the way over to the moon.
Report Spam   Logged

John9929.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum