Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 10:26:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Moon Terminator Mosaic - Apr 21

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moon Terminator Mosaic - Apr 21  (Read 261 times)
brianb

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2010, 04:35:15 pm »

do you have (not necessarily with this image) any comparison shots you could share with and without that planet pro filter?
Loads of them. There's a particularly good example here: http://astrophotoweather.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,2242.0.html

With Mars, the longer the wavelength, the higher the contrast. This doesn't apply to other subjects but you do get the same improvement in resolution when the seeing is "iffy". There is less image movement, this more than compensates for the longer exposure necessary. If the seeing is really good you should get more resolution in the red, or even the green, because of the tighter diffraction pattern - maybe this would be more of an issue with smaller aperture scopes.

BTW I did try the 805 but the Imaging Source cameras are rather insensitive at that wavelength, the 742 is the one to get.

The Moon being essentially colourless, I don't think any more - I just bung in the PP 742 & get on with it!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum