Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 09:04:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Heavy Showers and Convection Fri 30th April

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heavy Showers and Convection Fri 30th April  (Read 189 times)
paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: April 30, 2010, 11:23:39 pm »

Spent around two hours late this afternoon watching some excellent convection and heavy showers with hail shafts rolling by.  I was keeping a good eye out for funnels too but seen nothing.  A beautiful segment of a rainbow appeared on the leading edge of this cell just above Omagh. Greats scenes and wonderful skies today!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 11:50:03 pm »

Classy stuff Paul  Smiley. Love the 2nd image with updraught/anvil and the other images below with the hail curtains, lovely photography!, great to know you were out chasing and watching for funnels too. It sure was a great day for convection with plenty to see, we tried and tried and tried...but couldn't see any funnels over hours of watching although rotation was certainly seen.
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 11:17:52 pm »

Cheers Martin.  I love this spot, in the two hours I was here I think I saw three cars pass by-great peace and tranquility.   Was keeping an eye out today from home as well, seen some very dark and ominous looking clouds but not much else.
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 12:10:46 am »

Three cars - that's a location to treasure, worth it for the peace alone  Smiley

Seen those dark clouds and updraught bases here today also, spent some time out watching for funnels but no joy this time.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum