Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 08:45:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

2009 Chase Photos

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 Chase Photos  (Read 458 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2010, 05:10:01 am »

Just having a look through these,they're by Bill Reid of Tempest Tours who I'm with chasing in a couple of weeks,not much happened last year but there are some marvellous storms captured here. It's looking lively over there  at the moment.

http://stormbruiser.com/chase/2010/01/14/2009-storm-chase-season-summary/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rjgjr
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 07:32:14 am »

Very nice collection of images he has. Good luck with your chase and stay safe. From news and weather accounts, things are really starting to pop in the Midwest. I knew El Nino would come through. Tyler Burg was out chasing today near Lincoln, Nebraska, didn't sound like things went well though!
Report Spam   Logged
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 12:40:31 pm »

Fantastic pickies on that link John, thanks for sharing! Smiley

I'm seriouslly considering one of these storm-chasing holidays.  Even the mrs is up for it and thinks it will be cool - guess that is more than half the battle  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 06:23:26 pm »

I've got MobileMe with this Mac. so I can keep you informed as and when I get to a hotel/motel with computer facilities in the lobby.

Mark-it's an expensive trip especially for two and  unless you know what you're doing, for safety, you need to go with professionals, they'll also get you to the best position to view the storms, we were often moving on to get away from rain/hail but stopped again a few miles on where it was dry but we still had a good view of the storm.Of course, I'd recommend Tempest.-10 chase days plus 2 either side for travelling there and back.
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 06:37:25 pm »

Stunning images! - went through all of them today and loved the 'experience' online. Best of luck with your US chase this year John, and bring us back plenty of great images - I know you won't disappoint  Smiley

Interested to hear more on how Tyler, Chris, and Mike got on recently...
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 06:51:26 pm »

Chris Allington from the US took this nice HDR image of an updraught tower and crep rays...

Report Spam   Logged

R Newman
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 09:30:42 pm »

I see TIV 2 is back in action for the 2010 season, you can see the TIV parked roadside on this clip

Ronan
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 10:24:29 pm »

He's done a good job on the HDR Martin, quite often it's overdone.

Ronan - We passed TIV 2 last year and part of the team were at Wakita OK  when we stopped for refreshments and they showed us round their vehicles. Do you have the link to hand stating that it's on the road this year ?

These are the tornado Pods.  

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum