Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 11:38:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Thunderstorm Potential UK/Ireland - Sun April 25th

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thunderstorm Potential UK/Ireland - Sun April 25th  (Read 610 times)
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 01:11:45 pm »

Had a clear window this morning which was nice as was able to get some solar observation in, however whilst doing this I had one eye on the radar and satellite images.  Just had to rush everything in as the first 'big spots' of rain are falling.  I think thats it for observing for me today - I might have to get me a sunday afternoon bottle of wine now and sit and watch for any interesting clouds coming in...

There's some very bright colours on the radar for ROI atm...   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 06:32:33 pm »

Busted here, we where on Slieve Gallion - got the car stuck in snow would you believe!. T-storms in NE and E NI and S/SE Ireland and a few in Britain.
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 06:34:51 pm »

Well all the action was in the east, nothing here at all. I observed some good convection away in the distance to the south, towers visible and rain shaft. Got some shots, will post later.
Report Spam   Logged

Padraig OBrien

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 06:39:32 pm »

Fantastic day here today got caught in a brilliant thunderstorm on a Motorway , which gave the heaviest rain ive seen in years i have to say observed a few c-g strikes have pics on IWN!
Report Spam   Logged

LG Renoir KC910 8 Mp Camera Phone
brianb

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 09:12:13 am »

Interesting ... was in Derbyshire at the weekend, there was a prolonged but lightish shower where I was on Sunday afternoon (25th) but travelling a bit later through Buxton there had obviousy been very heavy rainfall (but no damage).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum