Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 08:38:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Saturn - 14 Apr

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturn - 14 Apr  (Read 161 times)
brianb

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2010, 09:36:29 pm »

Good seeing encouraged me to attempt to image Saturn again but poor & variable transparency due to high cloud dissuaded me from using a barlow lens to increase the image scale.

2010 Apr 14, 2216 UT. Celestron CPC1100, prime focus, Astronomik type 2c colour seperation filters, Imaging Source DMK21 camera.

The inset is lightened to show the satellite Rhea more clearly.

This image is fairly close to the view I had visually at x311 (it's not often the seeing allows me to use that power!)

I could also see six other satellites: five are shown in this image

2010 Apr 14, 2224 UT. CPC1100, prime focus. "L" filter used (UV & IR blocking). DMK21 camera.

From the left: Tethys above Titan; Mimas close to the left edge of the rings; Enceladus to the right of the rings, with Dione further right still. Rhea is just visible as a "bump" in the outline of the glare.

Iapetus was also seen, some distance to the south east (lower left) of the field shown in the image.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 09:58:40 pm »

Impressive shots Brian!  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum