Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 06:29:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Our Mallards

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Mallards  (Read 327 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2010, 02:04:49 pm »

Thanks for comments.

Yes, Richard,first time we've had them here and yesterday there was another male and they both jumped on the female,my wife wasn't having that  so sticking up for the female gender she went into the garden and   the 'new' male flew off the other one was used to us so he stayed as did Mrs. Mallard. They must realise that it's safer here at night than by the brook or over on the big pond where they are vulnerable to foxy loxy,nothing can get into our garden if it can't fly - except for squirrels along the fence tops.

Mark-the pond is 19' x 10' with twin cascades but it does take some keeping up and there have been times I wondered if I should have had one this large- I must have lost my marbles when we had it built Lol..we have about 25 goldfish/Orrf in there.. I need a new UV filter every spring and one's due now.

The last photo,  the female ,is my favourite too  - I like it because it's  so sharp and the azure blue is very striking. They're staying away today because I'm pressure hosing the patio etc. getting everything up together before I go to the US chasing .
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum