Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 03:46:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Snow Potential - Late March

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Snow Potential - Late March  (Read 1242 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: March 27, 2010, 03:28:30 pm »

Hi Mark, yea it was a hit and miss affair for some over the midlands, others got a spectacular show with frequent lightning and hail, it was a plume event like something one would expect during July, it was rare to get something like that in March. It looks likely there was a tornado over Essex somewhere, CCTV footage has been checked showing two 1 tonne containers moving 50ft across the sky.

It looks very interesting next week, I'm not expecting much snow to lay but i'm sure glenshane will get something so will be checking it out with camera at the ready. There's also plenty of convective potential in the same week for Uk and Ireland with single cell thundery showers a real possibiltiy so it would be awesome to get snow and thunder in the same week lol.

I seen my first funnel of the year a few days ago, it only lasted 30 sec's but was good to see anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum