Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 18, 2024, 11:43:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Comet C/2007 N3 (Lulin)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Comet C/2007 N3 (Lulin)  (Read 22446 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: March 04, 2009, 07:32:14 pm »

Hi Tyler, you are spot on about the arc min - 1/60th of a degree.

Lulin last night really was the shadow of its former self. I could see it with the naked eye before and after moonset but it was not jumping out of the sky at all. With any strong LP it would have been invisible. In the binos it looked much smaller, but still fairly large, however with the naked eye using averted vision it seemed much larger which is something which can't be seen in a scope. Good old 'aperture effect' again. It was almost in the same bino field as M44.

Glad you seen it Tyler. By the way, nice job starting the new comet observing section on your site. I was delighted to see your passion for comets shining through the text. By the sound of things you are really getting into comets in a big way...there is no better phenomena in my opinion  Smiley. Maybe we will all get to see a great comet in the near future...fingers crossed. Who knows what will appear before the Summer - I'm ever the optimist.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum