Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 18, 2024, 11:31:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

San Francisco, CA

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: San Francisco, CA  (Read 391 times)
rjgjr
« on: March 06, 2010, 04:11:17 pm »

Here are several panos and other shots I took of the Golden Gate Bridge and the "City by the Bay" the other day while traveling down to Southern California for a visit. The sun angle wasn't the best but that's what Mother Nature and time constraints gave me.  I don't have any PP capabilities here at my son's computer so I can probably do a little more with them when I get back home. A nice break in our 900 mile day-long dash for the other end of the State. Lovely day it turned out to be!

This shot is 5 portrait stitched images

This shot is 3 landscaped stitched images

Downtown

"The Rock"

Alcatraz, Oakland, portion of the Bay Bridge and the Berkley Hills

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 05:18:06 pm »

Excellent pickies Richard!  Cool  I have a couple of nights in San Fran enroute to Hawaii in august - I can't wait!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

jjb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 05:58:27 pm »

Very nice images there Richard the scenery lends itself to the camera well looks cold though.
Report Spam   Logged
paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 07:22:41 pm »

Great shots Richard especially 1 & 2, thats a great vantage point you found. The air looks nice and clear Richard for a pretty large city.
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 11:51:13 pm »

Brilliant Richard, love the first two of the bridge - wonderful photography!
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 03:38:20 am »

Thanks for the comments. Mark, San Francisco in August should be beautiful, low clouds in the morning, clearing in the afternoon with fog rolling back in the evening. Makes for dramatic photography. These were taken from Golden Gate National Recreation Area on the NW side of the bridge. Google Earth shows hundreds of breathtaking photos from this vantage point, especially in the evening and night time. San Francisco always has squeaky clean air but for the ocean influence.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 02:14:03 pm »

Great panos,Richard,stunning shots. Are you using a dedicated stitching programme or photoshop ? I was thinking of getting Arcsoft.I can't stitch in Lightroom but I have CS2 as well. I've tried it once and quickly learnt not to include   telephone wires if atall possible, difficult to match exactly.
Report Spam   Logged
Paul
Global Moderator

Larne, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 03:38:05 pm »

Lovely shots Richard! As of yesterday evening I have some very similar ones in my camera Smiley Today I'm out and about in the city and across to The Rock.

That reminds me of a real quiz question answer on "The Weakest Link"

Anne Robinson: "Which island prison beginning with A closed in 1963?"

Contestant: "Australia?"

Cheers,

Paul.
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 05:35:16 pm »

John C, I have PS 4 but have been using Microsoft ICE for about 6 months now. Free is the best part of it, and I feel it does a quick, easy job of putting things together with basically one stroke of a key. I have very few stitching failures. Then it's back to my ancient PS4 for some fine-tuning. These images are all straight out of the camera. I downloaded ICE to my son's computer. I'll redo them and play with them more at home.

Paul. Hope you had a good clear day on "The Rock", aren't the views of downtown stunning from there, though a morning and noontime sun could be a problem for photography of the city. Have fun!!
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 06:06:30 pm »

Thanks Richard. Had connecting problems .Sorted now - so far .
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum