Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 08:09:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

photo links

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: photo links  (Read 593 times)
Mickyjoe

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2010, 05:16:16 pm »

hi everyone.

just wondering if a link to my photos is ok to add to my comments or do i need to upload them on here? i tried uploading but it requires 192KBs...ive tried to resize them but the only option i have in elements 5 is pixles. im just confused over it...so..what is 192kb in pixle terms? if only things were simple for someone that dont know  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Olympus E-420 14-42mm Lens.
Skywatcher  150 f/5 Dobsonian

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 06:14:47 pm »

Not sure about the pixels Mickey but I use photobucket as a host where its very easy to resize photos and use the img link to display your photos in here.
Report Spam   Logged

Mickyjoe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 06:37:17 pm »

thanks for reply paul.

i have flickr...some of my pics are on there. the link is under my avatar. its the only way for now i think. im learning as i go along.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 07:36:34 pm »

Hi Mickey, and welcome onboard!.

If you are stuck then the link to your flicker account should be fine for now. Another method would be to upload the image using www.tinypic.com, this will automaticaly resize the image for you, you can choose various sizes, maxmium for the forum is around 800 pixels wide. Upload the photo then copy and paste either the URL or IMG link into the forum and that should work. Let me know how you get one.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Mickyjoe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 09:17:29 pm »

hi martin.

i done it..but i think the photo is some what to big? but if its ok then no problem. thanks for your help.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 10:12:22 pm »

Do you have an image editing programme to resize it with Mickey?
Report Spam   Logged

Mickyjoe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 10:43:41 pm »

hi martin.

i use my old freind elements 5 for all my editing. also have photomatix pro 3. never realy needed to resize photos until now, so its a bit difficult for me to get to grips with it. mostly in elements...once i finished editing i would save for web..if a photo is..lets say 2.4mb it would resize it down to 1mb or a bit less sometimes. the one of my back garden was 1.49mb...when i saved it for web it went down to 1mb. im willing to learn martin  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Big Dipper
Events

Oxford, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 12:28:01 am »

Hope you don't mind Micky but I've just gone in to your flickr account and experimented (successfully) with your Orion shot.

All you need to do is to click on the thumbnail image in your Flickr account. This will bring up the full sized version. Next place your cursor anywhere within the full sized image, right click with your mouse and select Copy Image Location from the drop down menu.
Then back on this forum you can insert the image into any post that you're typing by clicking on the image ( ) icon (second row > second from left icon above the window where you're typing your post). This will create the img tags and you will see that your cursor has been placed in the middle of these. Simply right click & select paste from the drop down menu.
Et voila - that's it! Once you've finished your post simply click on the 'post' icon as normal and your image(s) plus any text will appear in all their glory!  Smiley

BTW like Paul, I use Photobucket which I've always found very reliable & very user friendly too. You can also choose some cool looking colours/themes to customize it like the one here (which was set up for members of another astro forum that I belong to).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:39:00 am by Big Dipper » Report Spam   Logged

Remember:- If all else fails, read the Instruction Manual! Grin

Andy
rjgjr
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 07:32:48 am »

Hi Micky, I have PS Elements 4 and all I do is go to image, resize to 800x533, quality 10 and that's all there is to it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum