Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 16, 2024, 08:10:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

No Mac. no Photos.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Mac. no Photos.  (Read 355 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2010, 07:35:29 pm »

Just to let you know that my Mac. computer is now with Apple in Birmingham -I took it there yesterday after being told by the tech. advisor (in Cork, Apple's Europe HQ) ) that he thinks the hard drive is dead., I've spoken to 4 advisors over 10 days now. Apple  (Birmingham) tested it there and  then  and it will take 7 days to install the new drive. I tried to get on here yesterday and it came back' unable to find server'-this laptop causing me a lot of stess I have to say.Of course I can't post photos as LR is on the Mac.. At least everything was backed up on my two external drives, one for Applications and the other for photos etc.  They'll install a 640GB drive as they don't do 500GB anymore and they'll install Snow Leopard too-the upgrade to Leopard., so it will be a lean machine when I get it back .  As I say I find this laptop awful to use and caused a fair amount of stress-I won't go into  all the problems I've had using it but my wife said it's ME not the laptop so it must be me then  Grin

I  also get locked out on this  laptop too so I come on here when my wife is at home to get me  in.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 10:58:59 pm »

Sorry to hear about the laptop issues John, but by the sounds of things you will soon be on top of it and back in action better than before. Best of luck with it!
Report Spam   Logged

jgs001

Horsham, Sussex, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 09:09:11 am »

Good luck John... hope it's all sorted soon... 10 days to fit a hard drive... boy...
Report Spam   Logged

John
Canon 450d, EF-S 18-55 IS, 55-250 IS, Raynox DCR250
HQE5 + C80ED & Vista 80s. NexStar Skymax 102 SLT.

*** My Astro Blog ***

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum