Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 17, 2024, 12:51:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Gridlock on the Roads

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridlock on the Roads  (Read 257 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2010, 04:34:07 pm »

I took a walk this morning at about 8.15 and       came across a bus stuck on the icy road which contributed to the general gridlock.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 11:34:05 pm »

Looks a bit chaotic there John-you still have plenty of snow and ice by the looks of it, its all but gone here apart from patches of stubborn ice here and there and some snow on high ground. I cant speak for everyone but I really miss the snow Cry
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 12:11:32 am »

Great action shots John, good to see you have the camera handy at all times for the unexpected. The images tell the story very well, the last image is very cool  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 05:21:19 pm »

Thanks for that. To be fair, Martin I went out with the camera looking for scenes like this,I didn't have to go far.

Paul: This fall was the result of the warmer air (relatively)  running up against the cold air  but today (Thursday) we have a thaw and right no..5.18pm..fog has descended and heavy rain is forecast for tomorrow-no-one can say our climate is boring can they .Lol.
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 05:53:50 pm »

I agree with you John, who can say the weather has been boring lately, with a remarkable extreme freeze like we had changing to Atlantic weather, practically overnight, anything can happen. That cold front crossing the country on Sat looks nasty for heavy rain, I checked the convective maps and they show potential for tornadoes from the front, although I don't know if there's really enough instability and lift yet for that. We will probably get some more snow in the months ahead then it will be into the t-storm season again - 2010 has sure begun in spectacular fashion.  Smiley

Nice one about going out looking for scenes like that  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum