Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 07:54:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Grey Light

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grey Light  (Read 219 times)
JohnMurphy

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2009, 11:57:24 pm »

Anyone else getting the blues over the chances to do any photograhy this winter? Although the dark nights are great for astronomy, they are less than desirable for the quality of light for photography of a terestrial nature. Today was slighlty brighter so in order to keep my eye in I went back to the pond and you've probably already guessed "old man Heron" was waiting for me, along with the pair of Mute Swans whose cygnets have grown and fled the nest. The dull grey light meant that I had to use a high ISO and the exposure time is relatively long, so no crisp sharp shots were ever going to be an option. Still its nice to get out and practice. All shots are handheld at the long end of the BIGMOS 500mm lens.

Swans are Dinosaurs too!

Report Spam   Logged

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Check out my Photos

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jgs001

Horsham, Sussex, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:28:46 am »

Very nice result John. I'm not getting the light for daytime shots or the night skies for Astro...
Report Spam   Logged

John
Canon 450d, EF-S 18-55 IS, 55-250 IS, Raynox DCR250
HQE5 + C80ED & Vista 80s. NexStar Skymax 102 SLT.

*** My Astro Blog ***

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum