Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 10:40:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Possible Stormy Spell 13th to 19th Nov

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Stormy Spell 13th to 19th Nov  (Read 6851 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2009, 01:05:30 am »

Check out this report from the UKWW about the t-storm over Britain yesterday morning...

Hello all, I haven't been able to get online all day, and the people I try to talk to to don't care about the weather and it's beauty!! This morning (Saturday), at 8:40am, after getting up froma kip at 4:30am, I was woken by deep "jurassic park" rumbles of thunder, I got up and viewed out the window a non stop completely surrounding muzeum of dark, dark, furious cloud. This was followed by lots of spectacular lightning, and over 10 mins, 4 EXPLOSIONS of thunder, literally like things exploding. The hail looked like metal debris falling from the sky in perfect choreography, the winds whipped up, and then the most torrential downpour of the whole year, unbelievably LOUD, and then a humungus flash that stayed static as a light for 2 seconds, followed by an immediate B A N G, I cannot explain how loud. It's NOVEMBER, and this was the best thunder of the whole year!!!!!!!! I was looking out in anticipation for funnels, when I jumped nearly off the floor at one of these explosions that was actually thunder. It was great. Thanks for listening and reading such a long essay!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum