Astronomy, Photography and Weather
August 07, 2020, 01:40:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Possible Stormy Spell 13th to 19th Nov

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Stormy Spell 13th to 19th Nov  (Read 3752 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2009, 04:53:33 pm »

Tornado site investigation by Paul Sherman...

Site Investigation Conducted 9am 15th November 2009 - Benfleet Essex

I walked the entire length of the Tornado track this morning and found it to be about 1/2 Mile in Length, the damage path was no more than 50yds at it's widest. The 1st Damage was picked up near the Vicarage on Rushbottom Lane and this was quite light damage to trees, the next damage was fence panels down near Overton Road, after this the Tornado strengthened and widened to it's maximum point of about 50 yards as it hit Arundel Road (1st Pic) The Lawns (Pic 2) and the Most extensive damage in the Fairway (Pic 3,4 & 5) More Chimneys and tiles loose along Seamore Avenue and Eversley Road before the Tornado once again strengthened as it hit Fairview Crescent, the Tornado looks like it dissipated along Moreland Avenue. The Track of this Tornado was directly NE Along the entire time it was on the ground. I have spoken with many different residents including John Sullivan who lives at No 1 Fairway where the most extensive damage was and he is E-Mailing me his account later. I firmly believe this Storm dropped a further Tornado to the NE as per the previous poster stating damage in South Woodham Ferriers as I saw the occlusion above my head and lost the funnel descending into the rain to my North.

Some pictures for you all and I will leave it to the Torro Boys to determine the Strength of this event from the Pictures, my initial thoughts are T1 to T2 In strength.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum