Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 11:08:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hey guys newbie here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey guys newbie here  (Read 2831 times)
Danny Power

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2009, 01:53:04 pm »

hey guys,

just thought i would say hello and introduce myself,

my names danny, i am 22 and live in blackburn, lancashire. i have always been into severe weather but recently i stumbled upon martin mckennas website and sine then i have gotten into astronomy. (thanks martin).

i currently own a digital camera which i try and photo severe storms with and have recently had a go at some lunar photography aswell. i am hoping to get a 6'' newtonian refelector pretty soon and i have also got some plans to build a 8'' dobsonian scope, if i do well with these i might try a bigger 16'' scope.

i think thats enough from me for now

thanks guys

p.s could someone tell me how i post images please thanks
Report Spam   Logged

My Web Hosting site- www.powerwebhostinguk.com

My blog- www.natureunleashed.wordpress.com (this will become a proper site shortly)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 02:45:03 pm »

Welcome Danny!, delighted you joined the forum, I hope you enjoy yourself here and learn new things, we cover a wide range of topics so hopefully something will interest you. I will get back to your email later, I'm overwelmed with image taking today so will get around to it as soon as I can.

To post images use an image host such as photobucket or tinypic.com and simply copy and paste the URL or IMG link into the post in the forum and that should work. We usually post images no larger than 800 pixels wide. I hope this helps. Best of luck with the new camera and scopes.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

jgs001

Horsham, Sussex, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 02:55:05 pm »

Hiya Danny and welcome
Report Spam   Logged

John
Canon 450d, EF-S 18-55 IS, 55-250 IS, Raynox DCR250
HQE5 + C80ED & Vista 80s. NexStar Skymax 102 SLT.

*** My Astro Blog ***
rjgjr
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 05:04:59 pm »

Hello Danny, and a big welcome to you from the Southern Coast of Oregon in the States. You'll love this site and good luck with your photography and telescope ventures!
Report Spam   Logged
paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 06:54:00 pm »

Hello Danny its great to know theres so many people out there with similar interests, welcome.
Report Spam   Logged

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 11:32:02 pm »

Hi Danny, welcome!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 11:51:23 am »

Welcome to the forum! I hope you'll get even more interested in astronomy.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

SkyWatcher 130/900mm EQ3, Bresser 76/700mm, 20x90 bino. and other, Olympus SP-550UZ
Eclipse & comet chaser, occultation & meteor observer
Poltava Astronomy Portal
Big Dipper
Events

Oxford, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 03:39:22 am »

Welcome aboard Danny. That's two new members in as many days who have signed up through Martin's excellent website. Martin make sure that Paul pays you the full whack, commission-wise!  Grin

Hello Danny its great to know theres so many people out there with similar interests, welcome.

Totally agree! Whoever thought up the idea of forums should go to cyber heaven!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Remember:- If all else fails, read the Instruction Manual! Grin

Andy
Danny Power

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 03:43:18 pm »

woohoo the new 6'' newtonian reflector came yesterday. but sadly the weather hasnt been very good here since although i got one hour of clear skies at 5am this morning but i wasnt able to see anything interesting sadly. oh well shouldnt be long before i do
Report Spam   Logged

My Web Hosting site- www.powerwebhostinguk.com

My blog- www.natureunleashed.wordpress.com (this will become a proper site shortly)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum