Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 10:21:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

hello newbie here!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hello newbie here!  (Read 2402 times)
paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: October 29, 2009, 12:05:43 am »

Hi all,

My name is Paul Martin and im from Omagh N. Ireland.  I found this forum through Martins Nightskyhunter.com site (which is excellent btw) my main interests are photography and the weather. I've always been facinated by the weather from an early age especially thunderstorms and on july 2007 i was watching a storm from a high vantage point when a funnel cloud dropped out of the sky about a mile away! I was hooked from that moment!

Photography is another passion of mine i've had a digital camera for 4 years and am a member of my local club. I love taking pictures of weather/landscapes/wildlife. I currently own an olympus sp-550uz which has taken some good images but im currently saving for my first DSLR.

Im also interested in astronomy and would like to develop this area in the future possibly getting into astrophotography. For now all I have is a spotting scope that i use for viewing the moon. I love observing meteor showers and hopefully we get some nice clear skies for the leonids nxt month.

Looking forward to being part of this great forum.

Cheers Paul.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 12:16:42 am »

Welcome to the gang!!!!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 12:33:35 am »

Welcome onboard Paul, delighted to see you on here. I enjoyed reading your intro. By any chance was that funnel seen on July 17th?, if so, then it could have been the large one Conor and I seen which almost touched down. I would love to hear more about the sighting.

Best of luck with your observing, if you have any questions just fire away.

Clear skies.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

jgs001

Horsham, Sussex, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 12:34:19 am »

Hi Paul, welcome aboard
Report Spam   Logged

John
Canon 450d, EF-S 18-55 IS, 55-250 IS, Raynox DCR250
HQE5 + C80ED & Vista 80s. NexStar Skymax 102 SLT.

*** My Astro Blog ***
rjgjr
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 12:41:09 am »

Welcome  Paul from the Southern Oregon Coast in the States. Looking forward to your photos and conversation!
Report Spam   Logged
paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 12:53:30 am »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.     That funnel was seen on the 1st July martin at a place called the pigeon top near Omagh. I hope to upload pictures of this and two other funnels i have observed very soon. (if i can figure out how. Can i use photobucket??)
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 02:35:12 am »

Look forward to seeing them. I think you can use photobucket, trinypic, whatever you want as a host.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 02:04:54 pm »

Welcome Paul! Nice to hear that you're well interested in all 3 topics of this forum. Smiley
And you own a nice camera btw.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

SkyWatcher 130/900mm EQ3, Bresser 76/700mm, 20x90 bino. and other, Olympus SP-550UZ
Eclipse & comet chaser, occultation & meteor observer
Poltava Astronomy Portal
Tyler

Lincoln, Nebraska/Waconia, Minnesota, USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 06:33:37 pm »

Welcome Paul, this is a great place to get into astronomy!
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 07:34:05 pm »

Thanks Tyler and well done on your website some amazing images on there, i especially like the one from the Aurora storm thats lit up with car headlights and lightning, beautiful.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:06:36 am by Big Dipper » Report Spam   Logged

Big Dipper
Events

Oxford, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 03:17:34 am »

A belated welcome Paul & glad to hear that you also have a strong interest in photography, weather & astronomy (you've definitely joined the right forum to cover all three interest BTW).

I use Photobucket on the odd occasion when I post pictures here as all you need do is to post the IMG code below your uploaded images there, straight into your post here.

Look forward to viewing your images as & when (landscapes have always been a favourite of mine)!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Remember:- If all else fails, read the Instruction Manual! Grin

Andy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum