Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 06:05:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Stormy Skies

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stormy Skies  (Read 281 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2009, 08:12:41 pm »

This isn't a sunset photo as such. We got breaks in the cloud as  showers passed through and I went out hoping to catch crepuscular and /or a rainbow-I saw both but nothing that would make a decent photo. I caught this one as I was about to go home.The colours are what I saw,it really was a lovely bit of sky and it was quite close hence the lack of ground as I had to tilt the camera up to get most of it.

Having posted it I see the left side border/frame is missing. I was about it remove it  but I'll leave it - it could be worse.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 08:16:40 pm by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 08:55:56 pm »

Love it John, the image is exploding with atmosphere and deep colour. Great to know that someonewas out today photographing the stormy sky  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 06:30:06 am »

Great shot John. There certainly are many different layers of clouds, texture and color in this one, and the nearly dark foreground really sets it off!
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 02:16:42 pm »

Thanks for comments. You have to just wait for scenes like this because the sun was in and out and this colouring lasted only a minute or so but I think that's what landscape/skyscape photography is all about- waiting in conjunction with anticipating . I'll take it through the CS2 border edit and put it right - I can't imagine how it could lose a  side like that.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum