Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 02:20:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Oh Deer Oh Deer

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh Deer Oh Deer  (Read 281 times)
JohnMurphy

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2009, 11:53:55 pm »

On monday I had to wait for Dr. Brian O'Halloran to arrive at Heuston train station. The phoenix park is just a short distance away so I headed up to see if any deer were about. I came across the whole herd - hundreds of them. Shoot and run. All shots are handheld at the long end of the Bigmos 500mm. The day was very cloudy and light was crap, hence the high ISO800 settings. All shots are handheld. Finally getting to grips with the metering. I much prefer to hunt down the wild variety (thrill of the chase), but you takes yer chances when they come. Could've photoshopped the tags from the ears, but that doesn't make it any more valid.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 11:58:10 pm by JohnMurphy » Report Spam   Logged

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Check out my Photos

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jgs001

Horsham, Sussex, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 01:05:36 am »

Wow, superb shooting John... particularly given handheld and the conditions... super sharp and clear...
Report Spam   Logged

John
Canon 450d, EF-S 18-55 IS, 55-250 IS, Raynox DCR250
HQE5 + C80ED & Vista 80s. NexStar Skymax 102 SLT.

*** My Astro Blog ***
rjgjr
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 07:08:30 am »

Great shots John, as usual. Great job for hand held. Maybe you can post an image of your camera and lens so we can see what you're dealing with!
Report Spam   Logged
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 07:25:21 am »

Fantastic shots!  I've seen the deer in the park there too - however I only had my wideangle when I was there and they were a little too far away for a decent shot for me!  Not been to Dublin for a couple of years now, i'll have to visit again, I love it there. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnMurphy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 10:18:34 am »

Cheers guys - thanks for the comments.
Richard, I'll try to post a picuture of my lenses side by side for a size comparison when I get a spare moment. Unfortunately I only have a single camera body. With the Bigmos its a case of attaching the camera to the lens, not the lens to the camera.
Report Spam   Logged

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Check out my Photos

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum