Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 09:41:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Winter 2009 / 2010 in Western Europe?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter 2009 / 2010 in Western Europe?  (Read 27868 times)
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 03, 2010, 07:12:17 pm »

All this talk of temperatures has promted me to put my el-cheapo maximum minimum thermometer within binocular view of my living room window.  I think I may have to keep my eye on the Maplins sale for a weather station...

Woke up this morning to the lightest of dustings of snow - someone with bad dandruff could have had more of an imapct...  It's been lovely blue skies all day and nightfall is just as clear.  I think i'll give it another several hours then will have a go at imagaing the moon and mars with my ETX90, see what captures I can grab...

Tomorrow is the first day back at work (school) for me  Embarrassed and I have the pleasure of a whole days teacher training on how to use Photoshop - the fact that I already use Photoshop and feel quite competent with it seems to have no bearing - you WILL do this training...  Oh well, so be it, i'll just use my own data (read mars and moon) to demonstrate my competency Wink

I'm hoping, reading the updates and looking at this weeks synoptic charts, that the front coming down late monday night / tuesday morning will be kind enough to deposit a dollop of snow over us in the west midlands, we seem to have escaped so far this winter.  Unless the forecast detail changes, for me, I think this is the best hope for snow.  I suspect later in the week wintry showers will be confined to coastal regions.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum