Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 12:25:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Winter 2009 / 2010 in Western Europe?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter 2009 / 2010 in Western Europe?  (Read 27880 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2009, 10:38:24 pm »

You are very lucky.
What, lucky to get it, lucky to survive or what?

About 3 weeks ago I had a dose of something which was almost imperceptible at the time but left me feeling like I was recovering from a dose of flu - you know, the tiredness, depression, aches & pains & do on.

BTW swine flu being Mexican in origin, the trick with the hat and the bottle of whiskey doesn't work, unless the whiskey is substituted by tequila. (Go to bed, place hat at foot of bed, drink from bottle till second hat appears, when you sober up the 'flu will have flown).

Lol...I thought that too- Re  Padraig being 'lucky ' I needed a laugh.  It's always the unintentional comments that  are the gems and Brian's droll question just enhanced it.

I know how to cure swine flu but it's a bit harsh. What you do is to  wrap a cold wet towel around yourself - nothing else just the towel and  when it's cold outside (better with a bit of  chilly wind too ) sit at an open window  in a draught and this way you'll likely get pneumonia and they can cure that. I  fancied being a Dr. one time but the long hours put me off..  Grin

Better get back on topic. I've seen a chart of where they think snow may fall and it's missing us - all around but we miss it.I'm sure  that could change though.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum