Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 04:07:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Fog Bows

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fog Bows  (Read 321 times)
Tyler

Lincoln, Nebraska/Waconia, Minnesota, USA

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2009, 05:01:20 am »

I've been getting into the habit of getting up at 3am to look at weather observations in hopes of seeing cool fog. Met up with Mike Hollingshead of extremeinstability.com twice this month at Murray Hill in IA, about an hour drive from my home to get above the fog. The latest trip led to seeing some really define fog bows. Here are a few from this months outings...

Now that I've started classes I won't be getting out to shoot as much as I have been this summer. Hopefully We'll get a comet to follow or something, I'm in need of something to look at Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rjgjr
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 06:40:28 am »

Saw these on your website Tyler, thanks for sharing them here. The first one is eerily? beautiful and the last two are gorgeous, especially framing the farmhouse.
Report Spam   Logged
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 07:36:13 am »

Wow Tyler!  Cool  With views like that it's no wonder you get up at 3am to check the weather!  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 01:11:36 pm »

Congrats Tyler, those are excellent images!. I love the pink fog capture as well as those glorious fog bows, I have never captured a daylight version of those before. Brilliant stuff. The icing on the cake must have been out shooting those scenes with Mike Hollingshead!!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

John9929
Global Moderator

Maghaberry, N.Ireland.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 01:45:04 pm »

Great stuff Tyler, like Richard I saw them on your site, those fog bows are fantastic I would love to catch something like that.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:47:03 pm by John9929 » Report Spam   Logged

John9929.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum