Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 16, 2024, 11:18:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Convective Outlook - Ireland & UK - Fri Aug 28th

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Convective Outlook - Ireland & UK - Fri Aug 28th  (Read 169 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2009, 08:00:52 pm »

Slight Risk of Scattered Thundery Showers Eire & UK 00Z-18Z

A unstable regime lies in the wake of the overnight cold front with post frontal surface troughs initiating further showers primarily west Eire & UK coastal regions. Deep long wave upper trough increases lapse rates through Thurs though alas, within a rather weakly sheared environment as the strong jet stream sinks rapidly south. Prime risk based on low freezing level looks to be small hail.

Whilst the models do not currently show any precip values to the south. A combination of strong upper PVA and potential instability could well develop the odd rogue shower here. If this occurs then the showers in this region could tap into the stronger shear...from Tony Gilbert.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:15:25 am »

Very blustery and gusty for me in the Midlands this morning.  I got up early this morning (well for me anyway!) as it was blue skies and I fancied doing a bit of solar observation - but by the time I had got up, made a coffee, blah, blah, the wind picked right up and it has gone totally overcast.  Looking at rainfall radar it isn't long till a heavy band of showers comes through.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum