Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 08:27:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

I rather enjoyed the game

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I rather enjoyed the game  (Read 222 times)
rjgjr
« on: August 27, 2009, 07:51:50 am »

I was settling in for an evening of Seattle Mariners Baseball when I ran across a satellite station I had never seen before, Setanta Sports. What's this I say? It was going to broadcast an All Ireland Senior Gaelic Football Championship game between Cork and Tyrone at Croke Park, Dublin. What the heck I say? Gaelic Football? With all my forum friends in Ireland and England I have to check this out. Looks like a soccer (football) field to me. Was I ever surprised. With the drop of the ball it was a very interesting experience to watch a game I had never seen before, and involve so many different aspects of sports that I am use to. The usual kick, but then dribbling the ball when running, drop kicking the ball to one's self while running, fisting the ball to a teamate or over the goal. Fasinating!! And those players can kick from any angle and curve the ball through the goal uprights. Needless to say I missed half of my baseball game. I won't tell you which team I was rooting for but they won. I went to the internet after the game and checked out Wikipedia to view the rules of the game. I truely enjoyed it. I've got my calander marked for the other semi-final game on 30 Aug and the finals on 20 Sep.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum