Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 16, 2024, 08:09:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

For Our American Friends and Roman

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For Our American Friends and Roman  (Read 297 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2009, 04:00:25 pm »

Guys - Here's an explanation of how we play our game of cricket. Lol

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men  out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rjgjr
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 06:50:51 pm »

John, I don't doubt that for one moment. I had to read this out loud and I couldn't stop laughing. But to be honest, this explanation of Cricket is almost as complicated as the rules and regulations for our American Stock Car Racing - NASCAR. Very good, thankyou!!
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 10:58:43 pm »

Glad you enjoyed it, Richard.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum