Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 10:23:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Self Portrait

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Self Portrait  (Read 359 times)
JohnMurphy

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2009, 01:17:04 am »

This evening I thought I'd do a self portrait.
But as my wife and kids will tell you I am not one to do things simply. The following shot has an image of me in it but it must be viewed large or original size. Click on the image then click "All sizes" - Original size is best.

Sorry - its more a sillhouette than a portrait - still I think it works.
Photography so amazes me. Just keep shooting and you don't really know what you've captured till you get home and download. No photographer ever really plans these shots. You know they can happen and you put yourself in the best position and use best judgement on all camera settings etc.. but wether it actually happens is at least 50% luck. I reckon with experience maybe that 50% can be reduced futher still, but luck is always the photographers best friend - or worst enemy. And to think, the light this evening was very bad I eventually had to run it up to ISO800 (something I never usually do. The shot pictured thouh is at ISO200 before it got too dark.)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 01:44:04 am by JohnMurphy » Report Spam   Logged

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Check out my Photos

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rjgjr
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 06:59:14 am »

That really is an amazing image John. Besides you're sillhouette, I think the most beautiful aspect , to me anyway, are the water droplets. They're like snowflakes, no two are the same. Some are clear, some opaque. some round, oval, triangular. Very nice!!
Report Spam   Logged
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 04:46:11 pm »

Fantastic!  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 12:40:41 pm »

I clicked on the photo and it took me to flikr where I saw your hamster and that great shot of the tufted duck. He/she looks like a very friendly hamster. I can just make out your image in the eye of the swan but  I'm unable to follow through your instructions- it's no doubt me ...again- 'Help tinypic' ? lol
I too like the water droplets ,a  ' living' photo.
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 01:44:19 pm »

That is fantastic John, excellent creative idea getting your reflection in the eye...and the water drops are the perfect icing on the Swan cake!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum