Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 06:23:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Bastille Day Sky

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bastille Day Sky  (Read 238 times)
JohnMurphy

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2009, 11:58:09 pm »

Very cloudy here in Dublin on Bastille Day 14th July 2009.
I know this is HDR overdone, but it captures the mood so well and is actually close to what the eye could see.
I love where I live, the view from my front Garden is beautiful, but often overlooked and underestimated by neighbours.
I especially like the cloud 'entity' in the centre frame. Very late evening but the HDR brings out the low light details.
What do you think? Have I over cooked it?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:11:41 am by JohnMurphy » Report Spam   Logged

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Check out my Photos

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rjgjr
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 05:48:53 pm »

I think the cloud effect looks great John. The landscape does look a bit "overcooked " as you call it, but overall it's very nice. I've found so far in fooling around with HDR that I'm never really happy with it because there are so many different ways one can go overboard, and bottom line is in the eye of the beholder! Good job!
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 10:33:40 pm »

Yes, agree with Richard's comments- I do like the sky , maybe have looked  better without the house roofs. Why would your neighbours not appreciate that view,they probably don't lift their eyes above the houses opposite .
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum