Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 20, 2024, 02:36:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Kit Inspection

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kit Inspection  (Read 319 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2009, 04:20:18 pm »

I was at the side of the Frampton lake when a group of sheep decided my camera bag was worthy of inspection. I quickly grabbed  some photos. I was sitting with the tripod and bag and turned round to find myself face to face with the sheep lol. I moved away hoping to catch them before they moved on. The lamb has the feather of a Barnacle goose in it's mouth- it dropped it a second after the shot.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 04:24:56 pm by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jgs001

Horsham, Sussex, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 04:23:36 pm »

Nice one John... Although it looks like your bag is about to get munched in 3.
Report Spam   Logged

John
Canon 450d, EF-S 18-55 IS, 55-250 IS, Raynox DCR250
HQE5 + C80ED & Vista 80s. NexStar Skymax 102 SLT.

*** My Astro Blog ***
JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 08:58:02 pm »

Lol..yes..There was an apple in there - a Granny Smith.  I was sitting there with the 100-400  so when I got up  I had to keep walking backwards to get the range and I didn't really  take care composing properly. They must be so used to people not bothering them. When I say I turned round and they were there I mean I turned my head from the lake view and the older sheep was about 12 inches from my face staring at me - I said. "HI, how are you" lol.. Didn't get an answer though but it just ignored me and went to nose in my camera bag  then when the others saw no danger they came over too. TBH it was  great little experience, then they just meandered off. It was so funny.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnMurphy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 01:55:49 pm »

Super shots - I reckon the lamb has just eaten a goose.
The best shots happen when you least expect them.
The ones you plan aren't always the keepers.
Report Spam   Logged

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Check out my Photos
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 04:17:22 pm »

I will second John....Super shots!. That looks like a delightful location John for nature photography, I'm sure you had a great time there.  Smiley Nice Swan in the background too.
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 08:42:36 pm »

Thanks guys BUT me being me I'm beating myself up for not getting down to the level of the lamb..Looks like I got down for the sheep though.  With the lamb ,no, I don't think he'd just eaten a Canada goose Lol.. I could see that any second he would spit that feather out and I saw it as I walked backwards to get the others into range. and yes, it's true, some of the best shots are the unexpected ones.             
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum