Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 02:15:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Funnel or Not?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Funnel or Not?  (Read 1282 times)
R Newman
« on: August 08, 2008, 01:02:49 pm »

Hi all.

My first post on this site and what an interesting site also, Just a brief bit about myself,like most amateur astronomers we spend much of our time looking up during the day aswell as at night, and like alot of people here I am fascinated by extreme weather and constantly on the look out.
I have always wanted to follow in the footsteps of my father who works as a meteorlogical officer with the Irish Met service but Physics and honours were my problem, I really think if you want to see anything extreme you need to travel, 2 years ago in Majorca I witnessed an amazing electrical Storm
which was about 10-15 miles away, thankfully, like seeing 4-5 lightning strikes p/second, was in my elements.

Anyways to cut the crap, here is a photo taken mid july of a rain cloaked funnel cloud at Knock Airport, hard to guage the distance, taken on May 30th with a Canon EOS 400D, how do I put up an image, does not seem to work for me

Not a grat image, remember pretty far away, this is at full digital zoom and was raining at the time, so a difficult shot, have tried to work on contrast etc and is best I could do
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:50:03 pm by R Newman » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum