Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 06:53:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Mallards come same time every year

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mallards come same time every year  (Read 300 times)
Padraig OBrien

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2009, 11:13:21 am »

Normally three Mallard come the same time every year since we moved here because we have a river right beside our house there's normally two drakes and one duck but one morning we woke up and there was 10 drakes chasing one female around our front lawn and  they would sometimes be sitting on the roof of my mums SUV tamist ducks i have ever met
This is were we normally feed them from our front room window

One day they came and expected to get fed but that day i was sick in bed so called them and they flew up onto the roof right outside my bedroom window !!

One day me and my Dad were bringing in shovels of gravel in and out of the back garden for the extension but the female must have heard us talking or something but she came over but we decided not to feed her yet. So we carried on but when we came out we found her up on top of the mound of gravel as if demanding for us to stop shoveling and feed her!!!
Report Spam   Logged

LG Renoir KC910 8 Mp Camera Phone

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 10:42:11 pm »

Mallards are very common and I think most people look and think "Oh, a duck"- we have them on a local pond but the males have great colouring and if you can get them with water glistening on thier backs even better.

Poor old Ms. Mallard-  10 suiters ? - dear me. lol
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum