Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 07:58:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Storm chasing 2010!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Storm chasing 2010!  (Read 493 times)
scott86

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2009, 11:10:21 am »

Hi folks, taking my interest in the weather a step further! deposit going down on friday for a chase tour from 30th may - 10th june 2010! a year away but it wont be long coming in! Firing in a 12 week course in meteorology aswell! All i need to do now is wait! lol  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 12:26:14 pm »

Well done Scott, that is awesome!!. Nice job on the course too, great to hear it  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 03:52:53 pm »

Congratulations and good luck next year in the chase. I'm beginning to hear chatter about an El Nino beginning to set up and intensify in the Pacific which usually means the weather will really turn  topsy turvy this Fall and over the next year. We'll just have to wait and see how strong it gets.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 09:41:36 pm »

Who are you going with, Scott ?
Report Spam   Logged
scott86

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 09:36:26 am »

its through the netweather.tv website, dont know anybody else who is going but im sure theres other people on the same boat.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 08:34:32 pm »

That's Paul Sherman's site and Paul does trips there. I met him..3 times over there and he asked me to join them next year but I'd pretty well promised Brian Morganti and Bill Reid who are guides with Tempest that I'd be with them next year., I was with them last year. You'll have great time, they are a great bunch and Paul is a particularly nice person and I think it's just two 4 X 4 's they use. I'm sure  you will have already  seen his  photos on the site especially the Cg's. He showed me some at a 'gas' station when we met for the second time (first time was in the Big Texan, Amarillo ) and they'd been at a storm just before we arrived .It was at Childress TX .

When are you going ?
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Lincoln, Nebraska/Waconia, Minnesota, USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 08:53:53 pm »

Hey scott, you should be coming over here at a good time, can't get much worse than this year! lol. Maybe I'll see you around next spring.
Report Spam   Logged

scott86

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 12:55:17 am »

yea i spent a good bit of time going through the site today (when i was supposed to be working) the thought of seeing it all for real has the excitement going already!  im going from  the 30th may - 10th june 2010, deposit getting paid first thing in the morning! Its going to be an experience of a lifetime i reckon!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum