Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 12:38:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Chase May 31

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chase May 31  (Read 347 times)
Tyler

Lincoln, Nebraska/Waconia, Minnesota, USA

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2009, 06:52:14 am »

Overall a frustrating chase with road options this time. It was definitely nice to get out for the first time this month and chase storms! yet it was the only time this Month. Chased today too, but a complete bust, which sucks, cause I drove close to 400 miles. But anyway here are a few from the chase...

full report up here... http://tonightssky.org/accounts/053109.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rjgjr
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 07:21:58 am »

Fantastic anvil and lightning shots. Is that Interstate 80 or 29? Good luck with future chases.
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 01:21:09 pm »

Tyler, those are excellent images, well done on a very successful chase with great photographic rewards!. The night lightning shots are fantastic, nice bolts and colours. I also love that vertical day shot of the storm with updraught at the rear - very cool.  Smiley. Enjoyed the report.
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 09:32:36 pm »

Great shots there, Tyler. especially the last one. Nice to see things looking up at last.

Read the link too - I felt your frustration.  Ever since I needed small change for a parking meter and didn't have any  I keep a few pounds of meter coins in the car and keep it topped up, you'll forget again, Tyler,if you rely on remembering to take some with you when you leave, we call it 'sod's law' over here and it never fails to deliver or what can happen ,will happen. lol
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:43:13 pm by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Lincoln, Nebraska/Waconia, Minnesota, USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 04:54:44 pm »

Thanks everyone, it was my first decent chase in a while, too bad  I had to bust on June 1st though lol.

Richard, thats interstate 80 looking southwest towards Lincoln, NE.

John, Thanks for the feedback, I'm excited that things are looking good for the future. Unfortunately I'll be out of state this weekend and can't chase (possibly the best setup thus far this year) in the high plains - which is a very photogenic area for LP supercells. Stuffing a few 10's in the glove box now lol.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum