Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 20, 2024, 01:01:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Storm Potential For IR/NI - Fri/Sat/Sun May 8-10th

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Storm Potential For IR/NI - Fri/Sat/Sun May 8-10th  (Read 3165 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 02:07:31 pm »

I seen that to Scott and have asked a question on another forum. Definitely looks like one to watch. I checked the lightningwizard charts and although I can't comment on thunder they do show the potential for a tornado from that front. I'm guessing if the front is severe enough it should lift/force the warm air ahead of it upwards causing convective cells which could produce some lightning. If they get organized then there would the potential for another severe squall line to form...and we recall the last one very well.  Smiley. Definitely worth watching the radar this evening. If anyone here is crazy enough to go out and watch the front arrive in, while getting battered by wind and rain, there's the chance of seeing a great shelf cloud  Smiley. Might give it a go myself. Let's hope some of the weather forums will provide us with more info. Maybe TORRO will issue a forecast soon.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum