Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 10:43:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Storm Potential For IR/NI - Fri/Sat/Sun May 8-10th

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Storm Potential For IR/NI - Fri/Sat/Sun May 8-10th  (Read 3160 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: May 05, 2009, 03:31:13 am »

Thanks Tyler, extremely high CAPE values don't happen too often here so it can be exciting when they do occur. Amazingly though good t-storms and tornadoes have occurred many times in Ireland/UK with only several hundred CAPE, as long as another lifting mechanism is in place with strong wind shear. The problem now is that GFS is jumping all over the place, tonight's update has completely downgraded Fri and Sat's t-storm potential but keeps Sun as a potential day with Mon and Tues also in the offering, no doubt this will change again for better or worse. It's quite heart breaking to go from 1000 CAPE progged on Sat to 100 so quickly. Trying to forecast these things can be depressing lol. I will wait and see MUCH closer to the time. So, if this is a damp squip or an exciting event I will keep the thread updated with the latest info for the sake of interest and discussion.

Good luck chasing on Sat Tyler, I enjoyed your previous two accounts and hope you get another successful day. You never know, it could be a tornado day!.  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum