Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 11:57:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A Walk with the Dog

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Walk with the Dog  (Read 548 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2009, 06:21:45 pm »

Well, I wasn't sure about posting  these but as it's a bit quiet I thought they'd keep us going. I decided to take the camera with me when I took Ben out as I've often seen something I would like to have photographed but then you tend to photograph anything because you've got the camera  lol.. The last one is a robin .  

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jgs001

Horsham, Sussex, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 08:38:56 am »

Good set John, Ben looks happy and eager to play. The gulls are both spot on. Is that maggie a big crop, even at 400mm ? Lovely Robin silhouette.
Report Spam   Logged

John
Canon 450d, EF-S 18-55 IS, 55-250 IS, Raynox DCR250
HQE5 + C80ED & Vista 80s. NexStar Skymax 102 SLT.

*** My Astro Blog ***
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 01:50:02 pm »

Thanks for keeping things going John with those fun images. Ben looks like a lovely Dog!
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 08:26:00 pm »

Lol..you're an honest man Martin. keeping things going is about all they are.

John..there was a lot of tree to the left I cropped out- is that what you meant ? What I am actually pleased with is the fact that they were handheld - I was surprised at how sharp the gull on  the ground was .I do little sharpening to avoid noise, just enough to jolly them up a bit but 'clarity' in Lightroom does a very good job anyway, it gives 'punch' more than sharpens.

Ben is 12 this year and just lollops around, the days of running and running have gone but he lollops over to everyone he sees and greets them - they think he's gone to acquaint himself with them but he's just after a biscuit and sometimes he gets one Lol.
I left the robin in because he/ she had it's beak open, just a bit different really.

Report Spam   Logged
jgs001

Horsham, Sussex, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 09:05:57 pm »

John..there was a lot of tree to the left I cropped out- is that what you meant ? What I am actually pleased with is the fact that they were handheld - I was surprised at how sharp the gull on  the ground was .I do little sharpening to avoid noise, just enough to jolly them up a bit but 'clarity' in Lightroom does a very good job anyway, it gives 'punch' more than sharpens.
That was what I meant on the Maggie. I know what you mean about clarity, aperture has the same tool called definition. It enhances local fine contrast and does a very nice job.
Report Spam   Logged

John
Canon 450d, EF-S 18-55 IS, 55-250 IS, Raynox DCR250
HQE5 + C80ED & Vista 80s. NexStar Skymax 102 SLT.

*** My Astro Blog ***
JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 09:29:01 pm »

Aperture is is excellent - my neighbour has it.
Report Spam   Logged
Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 07:11:07 pm »

Great shots, John. I like the silhouette of robin - it looks some different from other bird images  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

SkyWatcher 130/900mm EQ3, Bresser 76/700mm, 20x90 bino. and other, Olympus SP-550UZ
Eclipse & comet chaser, occultation & meteor observer
Poltava Astronomy Portal
JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 06:45:22 pm »

Thanks, Roman.Yes, ther obin was a bit different so I thought it wouyd be ok. At that distance a regular colour photo wouldn't have been anything special.AND it had it's beak open too.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum