Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 16, 2024, 06:54:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Chase Report 3/23/09

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chase Report 3/23/09  (Read 445 times)
Tyler

Lincoln, Nebraska/Waconia, Minnesota, USA

View Profile WWW
« on: March 24, 2009, 06:28:48 am »

SPC putting 10% Tornado risk? heck yeah I'm chasing! lol

Intercepted a weakening cell in eastern Nebraska, but due to storm motions of >50mph I quickly lost it. It did have a nice rain free updraft base though...

Later lost it and rushed back to omaha to intercept a tornado warned cell with a report of a rotating wall cloud, once we reached it, it had kinda crapped out though, but did get one image.

full report here.... http://tonightssky.org/account032309.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rjgjr
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 07:31:05 am »

In watching the Weather Channel today I saw there were storms developing in Kansas and Nebraska moving eastward through Omaha and I automatically thought of you and wondering if you you were out chasing. Graet image Tyler. It's that time of year in your area. Stay safe!!
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 05:36:13 pm »

Hi Tyler..Rock N' Roll, the chase season is now under way and you have your first image account online..brilliant. I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you got on. I really enjoyed your report and all the images which look very nice with the dark updraught base above the orange/gold fields below. I really like the 2nd and 4th images the best. Great to see some nasty looking storms clouds again! I can see the fake tornado on the image and it sure does look interesting, that would have got my attention too. That's an interesting lowering in that last image. Great to see you had a successful day anyway. Good idea going as a team. Hopefully things will get more violent every time you guys head out. Those fast moving storms must be a pain to keep up with!. Great report. and I'm sure it will be the first of many this year.  Wink. Good luck.
Report Spam   Logged

Tyler

Lincoln, Nebraska/Waconia, Minnesota, USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 02:14:07 am »

Thanks RJ and Martin!

It was quite a frustrating chase with no data on the road. I learned a lot about storm motions on this one  though, and can't wait to chase something a little slower to actually see something develop. Too bad we got this teaser! I'm in such a chase mode right now, doesn't help that I just got Mike H's "Instability Released" today and watched it. I don't usually do this, but I looked at the long range models today looking for the next possible chase day!! lol. Looks like still 2 weeks away though. Hoping for better things to come!
Report Spam   Logged

Steveo74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 10:11:49 am »

GREAT image Tyler....  Grin Nice to hear your experience...  Happy Chasing  Grin   
Report Spam   Logged

Thanks,
         Steven..

Visit my Blog http://steviesskyshack.blogspot.com

Visit my Flickr  http://www.flickriver.com/photos/16671294@N07/
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 12:20:46 am »

I have that dvd too Tyler. It's great to watch. I love the time lapse intro which is simply incredible  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum